Jaime Parker Stickle is a writer and actor who holds an MFA in writing from the University of California, Riverside. She is the creator and co-host of the “Make That Paper” podcast, which looks at all the strange side hustles we artists do to support our art, and the new storytelling series “Okay You Guys…” in Los Angeles. Her work has been published in both the 2018 and 2019 Adelaide Literary Anthologies. She is currently in revisions on her novel! And, she is the co-editor of the GXRL blog.
We discuss the importance of trusting your instincts and going after your dreams even when people tell you ‘no.’
- People are going to tell you no. Don’t give up.
- Demand your worth. Period.
- Always listen to your instincts.
- Stop listening to other people. Listen to yourself.
- It’s never too late to change direction.
- If the same thing isn’t working, do something else.
- It’s okay to have what you want from life change.
- You are enough.
(BONUS TAKEAWAY: If your job is making your physically sick, quit!)
Mentioned In This Episode
Connect With Jaime
Songs in this Episode
Thank you for listening!
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, leave us an awesome review ☺️, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram! We want to hear from you!
If you have questions or comments, click here.
GXRL is recorded with SquadCast