Kelly Fleek is a Spider Fern Maven (the Spider Ferns are her band). A Lo Flux babe (Lo Flux Media is her PR company). A storyteller. And a maker of things who is into witchy shizz.
She’s currently working on a new full length album for The Spider Ferns, creating a new series of hand knit wearable sculptures and a line of textiles and home interiors based on elements from her paintings, reclaiming an acre of land that she’d allowed to grow over during years of being a touring musician, and building a retreat for musicians and artists on her property north of Seattle.
We discuss successful queer and creative partnerships, living your truth, and kicking doors down.
- Work hard to trust yourself.
- Believe in what you’re doing despite what other people say.
- Continue on despite what you hear.
- Don’t assume people who are judging your art or music know what they are talking about.
- If you believe in yourself, you will continue to open doors.
- Kick doors down.
- Accept people for who they are.
BONUS: Love is punk!
Mentioned in This Episode
Connect with Kelly here:
Songs in this Episode
The Spider Ferns – “Who Stands Alone”
Bang Sugar Bang – “Super Cool”
Thank you for listening!
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, leave us an awesome review ☺️, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram! We want to hear from you!
If you have questions or comments, click here.
GXRL is recorded with SquadCast