Kym Priess (aka “Tomahawk”) is an adventurous, bold creator, musician, singer, actor, on-camera host and performance artist living in Los Angeles. Her work pushes boundaries, forms and comfort levels yet maintains a playful, whimsical and curious tone. Her current focus is her adventure spectacle rock project called STUNTDRIVER. The project straddles rock and art whilst examining the age-old battle between light and dark via sci-fi like personas amidst heavy electro-rock. But this isn’t her only iron in the fire. Priess has a rock’n roll fitness web series called “Tomahawk Training” and is working on the launch of her virtual talk show/variety hour called “The Tomahawk Outlaw Hour.” Kym is from Austin, Texas and loves frozen margaritas with chips and salsa.
This conversation with Kym was so funny. I laughed the whole time while I edited it. We discuss the creative process and Kym’s artistic journey. I hope you enjoy this episode as much as I do!
- Find your community and be a generous community member. Look for what you can give as opposed to what you can get.
- Constantly be putting out work, even if it sucks. Constantly creating helps you develop your process. Just keep making!
- Share your work. Don’t be precious about it. Find ways to put it out.
- Have a time where you “clock in” to work on your art.
- Carry a notebook so you can capture inspiration when it comes to you.
- If you are asked to give feedback on someone’s work, give actionable feedback. If you are asking for feedback on your work, be specific about what you would like feedback on so that your feedback giver can actually give you helpful information.
Mentioned in this Episode
Songs Played In This Episode
Thank you for listening!
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, leave us an awesome review ☺️, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram! We want to hear from you!
If you have questions or comments, click here.
GXRL is recorded with SquadCast